Become a temporary volunteer host family
THE ALSA REFUGE PROVIDES:
- Support for veterinary care;
- A cage that can transport the rabbit;
- An enclosure for its habitat;
- Accessories such as litter box, rack, bowls;
- The starting set; hay and pellets.
OBLIGATIONS OF THE HOST FAMILY TOWARDS THE SHELTER:
- Allow the rabbit to live in semi-freedom or outside its enclosure for a minimum of 3 hours, daily;
- Include permitted vegetables on your grocery list so they can benefit from them;
- Draw up a precise portrait of their character, tastes and habits that can facilitate their adoption;
- Return the rabbit to the shelter after the 2 month period;
- Pay the rabbit adoption fees if you wish to adopt it.
Dealing with emergencies, the shelter does not choose rescued rabbits. He needs to collaborate with foster families who are open to the different physical characteristics of rabbits in need. We do not require the host family to take care of a sick rabbit or a pregnant rabbit. Only if more than one rabbit needs a temporary home, we will be happy to take your preferences into account.